From 1 April 2023, anyone who has completed a primary course (for most people, this is 2 doses) will be eligible to get another booster if you are:
- aged 30 and over or
- at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
This is regardless of how many boosters you have had.
High-risk groups include:
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific peoples aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people
- people aged 16 and over who live with a disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities
- people aged 16 and over with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness.
When you can get your additional booster
This additional booster will be available from 1 April if you are eligible.
You can get this additional booster 6 months after your last COVID-19 vaccine or a positive COVID-19 test.
You can book your additional bivalent booster from late March.