This policy explains how and when covid19.govt.nz collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site including in terms linking to the site.
Collection, storage and use of personal information
There's no need to disclose personal information.
You can use the site — including completing user research tasks — without disclosing any personal information.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first three parts of the IP address of the device
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site, if any, through which you clicked through to this site
- the operating system, for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX on the device used
- the type of web browser used, for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Use of statistical information
This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. These have an expiry date and are removed on that date. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
State of national emergency
On 25 March 2020, the Government declared a state of national emergency. Along with a range of other special powers, a state of national emergency triggers the operation of the Civil Defence National Emergencies (Information Sharing) Code 2013 under the Privacy Act 1993.
This gives agencies the authority to collect, use or disclose personal information during a state of national emergency. Certain criteria need to be met for agencies to be able to collect, use or disclose personal information. For example, it must be for purposes directly related to the emergency.