Mental wellbeing helplines
There are helplines available that offer support, information and help. All services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Need to Talk? — free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
Find out more about Need to Talk? 1737 (external link)
- Youthline — call 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat online or find out more at Youthline (external link)
- Kidsline — call 0800 54 37 54 (0800 KIDSLINE) for young people up to 18 years of age. This is a 24-hour service.
Find out more about Kidsline (external link)
- Skylight — call 0800 299 100 helping children, young people and their families and whānau through tough times of change, loss, trauma and grief
Find out more about Skylight (external link)
- Lifeline — 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
Find out more about Lifeline (external link)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline — 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
Find out more about the Suicide Crisis Helpline (external link)
- Depression and Anxiety Helpline — 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions.
Find out more about the Depression and Anxiety Helpline (external link)
- Anxiety phone line — 0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY)
Find out more about the Anxiety phone line (external link)
- Family Services 211 Helpline 0800 211 211 — for help finding, and direct transfer to, community-based health and social support services in your area
Visit the Family Services Directory online (external link)
- OUTline NZ — call 0800 688 5463 for confidential telephone support for sexuality or gender identity issues
Find out more about OUTline (external link)
Family violence and sexual violence prevention
Help and support is available if you are experiencing family violence or sexual violence.
Information on financial support
Help is available if you're experiencing financial distress
If you’re not sure what assistance may be available, or you don’t know who to contact for help, call the Government Helpline on 0800 779 997, 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week.