Fast and effective contact tracing helps us to prevent any further spread of COVID-19 in New Zealand.
The NZ COVID Tracer app is our fastest way of responding to the virus — the faster we respond, the faster we stop it.
If you don’t want to use the app, we encourage you to use another method that works for you, like the NZ COVID Tracer booklet.
You can use the NZ COVID Tracer booklet to keep track of where you've been and who you've seen. If you use the booklet, we recommend you still sign contact tracing registers when you visit places like shops.
Download and print your booklets
Print whichever booklet you like most. You may need to adjust your printer settings to print as many of the blank pages as you want.
- NZ COVID Tracer booklet, 36 pages A4 [PDF, 664 KB]
- NZ COVID Tracer booklet, 3 pages — print onto A4 paper and fold into a booklet [PDF, 116 KB]
Print your booklets in other languages
The NZ COVID Tracer booklet is available in other languages. Find the language you want and look in the ‘Posters and resources’ section.
Order the booklet
Each booklet has 30 pages, so will last you around 1 month. If you're ordering multiple booklets, they come in a pack of 10.
Email us if you'd like a booklet and are unable to print your own.
For your organisation
If you’re an organisation with a wide reach to New Zealanders who may need this booklet, you can order copies to distribute to your communities.
How to use the booklet
How to use the NZ COVID Tracer booklet:
- Keep your booklet with you so you can record your movements whenever you leave your house. The booklet can fit in your pocket, handbag or backpack.
- Write in the booklet where you have been, what time you were there, how you got there and who you met there — if you met someone you know.
- Use your booklet when you come into contact with other people, like in a shop, or when you cannot keep 2 metres away from others.