"Because I think there is a serious and significant risk to the public, with the spread of COVID-19 in communities in Auckland, as a national medical officer of health I’m taking the significant and serious step of making an oral direction under section 70 of the Health Act 1956.
I require the following people to do 2 things.
- To isolate at their usual home.
- To not go out to work, and remain isolated, until they are contacted by their national contact tracing service, and they receive further direction.
This direction applies to the following people:
- any employees or contractors of 2 employers:
- Americold in Mt Wellington (Auckland)
- Finance Now the Dominion Road branch in Auckland.
- any visitors to those workplaces in the last 14 days, and
- any people who ordinary live with those employees, or contractors, or visitors.
If you need advice accessing financial assistance while you have been directed to isolate at home you can call Work and Income on 0800 559 009."
Given at Wellington at 1pm Wednesday 12 August 2020
Dr Ashley Bloomfield
Director-General of Health