Transit agreements that say who may transit through New Zealand are published by Immigration New Zealand.
You should also check if you need to apply for a transit exemption from managed isolation or quarantine.
Request an emergency allocation
Space in managed isolation is extremely limited. An emergency allocation process exists for limited situations that require urgent travel to New Zealand within the next 7 days.
You can request an emergency allocation if:
- you are legally entitled to enter New Zealand under our current border settings
- your travel is time-critical — within the next 7 days
- you have registered in the Managed Isolation Allocation System and you have not been able to book an allocation for the date you require urgent travel
- your circumstances fall within 1 of the 2 categories permitted, and
- you have attached evidence to support your application.
The managed isolation and quarantine website has details about the travel categories permitted for emergency allocation, and what supporting evidence you need.
Very few emergency allocation requests will be granted. We encourage you to book in early to the Managed Isolation Allocation System, as this is the best way to guarantee your place.