- Accommodation can open at Red. There are no capacity limits.
- Some accommodation services require you to have a My Vaccine Pass.
- Do not travel if you are unwell, isolating or waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask at accommodation and whenever you are outside your home.
- Scan the QR code or keep a record of where you have stayed.
Accommodation can open
Some accommodation may choose to require My Vaccine Pass. They can require you to show your My Vaccine Pass to be at the accommodation.
- boarding houses
- hotels and motels
- seasonal worker accommodation
- AirBnB properties
- tertiary accommodation.
It does not include private residences.
If you are holding an event or a gathering at accommodation, follow the relevant advice:
DOC huts and campsites
Everyone over the age of 12 years and 3 months must have a My Vaccine Pass to stay in a DOC hut or campsite. Visitors will be asked about their vaccination status when they book a DOC hut or campsite. Hut wardens may also carry out spot checks to make sure everyone has My Vaccine Pass.
If you do not have a My Vaccine Pass, you can still use the DOC tracks and toilets, but you will not be allowed to stay overnight.
Serving food and drink
Accommodation services can provide food and drink.
Customer-facing food and beverage services, other than room service, must follow the food and beverage rules.
Keep up healthy habits to protect us
Even though we are a highly vaccinated country, COVID-19 can still spread in our communities. Slow the spread of the virus by keeping up healthy habits.
More information for accommodation providers
Accommodation providers can find more information on business.govt.nz.
Display posters to let everyone know what My Vaccine Pass requirements are in place at your business.
Last updated: at