You can have tradespeople and home services inside your home
You can have tradespeople and home services inside your home at any traffic light setting.
Examples of trades and home services are:
- getting home appliances fixed, like your fridge
- utility services, like gas and power
- cleaning for people who need assistance because of sickness or disability
- gardening services
- getting internet or other services installed or fixed
- vet and pest management services.
While they are inside your house it is strongly recommended you:
- keep 1 metre apart from them, and
- wear a face covering.
Tradespeople are required to wear a face covering when inside people’s homes, and to keep a record of where they go.
If you are self-isolating or waiting for a test result
Keep up healthy habits to protect us
Even though we are a highly vaccinated country, COVID-19 can still spread in our communities.
To slow the spread of the virus, and continue to help protect you, your whānau, and your community, it is important to keep up the healthy habits we know.
- Regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Keep your distance from people you do not know.
- Clean or disinfect shared surfaces often.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get a test.
More information for tradespeople and home service providers
Tradespeople and businesses that provide home services can find more detailed information on business.govt.nz:
Last updated: at