- Cafes, bars, restaurants and nightclubs can open at Red.
- There can be up to 200 people indoors, including children. There are no capacity limits outdoors.
- Customers must be seated and separated from other groups indoors.
- You must wear a face mask when going to a hospitality venue — you can take your mask off when outdoors, seated and to eat and drink, but you must wear a face mask when paying, using the bathroom and entering and exiting the venue.
- Public-facing workers must wear face masks.
- Takeaway businesses can open.
More information for hospitality businesses
Hospitality businesses can find more detailed information on business.govt.nz:
Takeaway businesses, such as coffee carts and food trucks, can find more detailed information on business.govt.nz:
Last updated: at