Marae at Red — He kupu āwhina i ngā marae
Marae can open at Whero (Red), with indoor gatherings limited to 200 people.
- Gatherings at marae can go ahead.
- There can be up to 200 people in a single defined indoor space at the marae at a time.
- There is no limit on outdoor gatherings.
- Children, babies, whānau pani, paepae, taumata and ringawera are included in the gathering limits — but not people working (including volunteers).
- Manuhiri (visitors to the marae) do not need to wear a face mask if they are the only group using the defined space and other manuhiri cannot mix.
There can be up to 200 people in a single defined space at the marae at a time. This number includes tamariki under the age of 12 years and 3 months.
Whānau pani, paepae, taumata and ringawera are included in the number limits on marae.
There is no limit to the number of people who can attend if the gathering is outdoors.
You do not need to physically distance when attending a gathering at a marae.
Last updated: at