Update on COVID-19 cases — 8 September 2022
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 1,653 new community cases
- 254 cases in hospital
- 1,595 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 11,158 active community cases
- 6,735 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 2,979 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 1,653 community cases, 254 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 1,595. Last Thursday, it was 2,023.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations today is 259. Last Tuesday, it was 319.
There are now a total of 1,941 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 5.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)