Update on COVID-19 cases — 3 August 2022
Read today's update on COVID-19 cases from the Ministry of Health.
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 6,440 new community cases
- 704 cases in hospital
- 6,355 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 44,462 active community cases
- 12,836 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,858 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 6,440 community cases and 704 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 6,355 — last Wednesday it was 8,111.
There are now a total of 1,589 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 22.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)