Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 7,627 new community cases
- 827 cases in hospital
- 7,776 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 54,409 active community cases
- 15,345 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 8,029 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 7,627 community cases, and 827 current hospitalisations. The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 7,776.
There are now a total of 1,455 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average of the increase in deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 18.
Winter illness update
(This update is provided each Thursday)
- Of the 81 people in Auckland and Counties Manukau hospitals for SARI illnesses (severe acute respiratory infection) COVID-19 was the cause the infection for 7%, Human Metapneumovirus was the cause for 17% and influenza was the cause for 1%.
- Other causes of infection, where known, were rhinoviruses, enteroviruses, adenoviruses, parainfluenza virus and RSV (6%).
- The current rate of hospitalisations in Auckland and Counties Manukau is in line with rates seen in pre-COVID-19 years.