Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 9,953 new community cases
- 767 cases in hospital
- 64,081 active community cases
- 17,515 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 4,306 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 9,953 community cases, 767 current hospitalisations, and 32 deaths.
The seven-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 9,161.
Today we are sadly reporting the deaths of 32 people with COVID-19. These deaths occurred in the period since 26th March.
Winter illness update
This update is provided each Thursday.
- Of the 75 people in Auckland and Counties Manukau hospitals for SARI illnesses (severe acute respiratory infection) COVID-19 was the cause the infection for 24%, Human Metapneumovirus was the cause for 15 % and Influenza was the cause for 11%
- Other causes of infection, where known, were rhinoviruses, enteroviruses, adenoviruses, parainfluenza virus and RSV (12%).
- The current rate of hospitalisations in Auckland and Counties Manukau is in line with rates seen in recent years.