Update on COVID-19 cases — 16 August 2022
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 4,811 new community cases
- 533 cases in hospital
- 4,073 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 28,500 active community cases
- 11,640 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,115 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 4,811 community cases and 533 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 4,073 — last Tuesday, it was 5,120.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations is 556 — last Tuesday, it was 645.
There are now a total of 1,782 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 13.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)