Update on COVID-19 cases — 12 August 2022
Read today's update on COVID-19 cases from the Ministry of Health.
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 4,126 new community cases
- 549 cases in hospital
- 4,581 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 32,055 active community cases
- 9,685 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,583 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 4,126 community cases and 549 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 4,581. Last Friday it was 5,812.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations is 609. Last Friday it was 721.
There is now a total of 1,733 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 12.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)