Update on COVID-19 cases — 1 September 2022
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 2,066 new community cases
- 286 cases in hospital
- 2,023 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 14,155 active community cases
- 7,266 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,441 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 2,066 community cases, 286 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 2,023. Last Thursday it was 3,061.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations today is 319. Last Wednesday it was 416.
There are now a total of 1,908 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 7.
Winter illness update
This update is provided each Thursday.
- In the week to 28 August, 71 people were in Auckland and Counties Manukau hospitals with severe acute respiratory infection (SARI). Enterovirus was detected in 64% of those tested, human metapneumovirus in 52%, rhinovirus in 38% and SARS-CoV-2 in 9%. Influenza was not detected in any of the 64 patients tested.
- Other causes of infection, where known, were adenovirus, parainfluenza virus and RSV.
- The current rate of hospitalisations in Auckland and Counties Manukau is in line with rates seen in pre-COVID-19 years.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)