COVID-19 media conference — 7 September 2022
The COVID-19 media briefing starts at 12pm.
Dr Andrew Old, Deputy-Director General and head of the Public Health Agency
Dr Pete Watson, Interim National Medical Director, Te Whatu Ora — Health New Zealand
- Dr Rawiri McKree Jansen, Interim Chief Medical Officer of Te Aka Whai Ora – Māori Health Authority
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 1,793 new community cases
- 260 cases in hospital
- 1,655 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 11,580 active cases (community and border)
- 6,961 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,301 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 1,793 community cases and 260 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 1,655. Last Wednesday, it was 2,122.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations today is 263. Last Tuesday, it was 326.
There are now a total of 1,939 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 6.
Read the full update on today's cases | Ministry of Health (external link)