The COVID-19 media briefing starts at 12pm.
Dr Andrew Old, Deputy-Director General and head of the Public Health Agency
Dr Pete Watson, Interim National Medical Director, Te Whatu Ora — Health New Zealand
- Riana Manuel, Chief Executive, Ta Aka Whai Ora — Māori Health Authority
Today's COVID-19 numbers
- 4,489 new community cases
- 496 cases in hospital
- 3,975 7-day rolling average of community cases
- 28,940 active cases (community and border)
- 10,671 total RATs reported in the last 24 hours
- 3,731 total PCR tests in the last 24 hours
Update from the Ministry of Health
Today we are reporting 4,489 community cases and 496 current hospitalisations.
The 7-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 3,975 – last Wednesday, it was 4,938.
The 7-day rolling average of hospitalisations is 541 – last Wednesday, it was 630.
There are now a total of 1,794 deaths confirmed as attributable to COVID-19, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributing factor. The 7-day rolling average increase in total deaths attributable to COVID-19 is now 12.