New Zealand has moved up to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 – Restrict, for the next 48 hours before moving into Level 4 – Eliminate, as New Zealand escalates its response to stop the virus in its tracks, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced today.
- New Zealand moved up to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 – Restrict
- New Zealand to move up to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 – Eliminate, from 11:59 pm, 25 March 2020
- 2-staged approach to give people and businesses time to prepare
Level 3, from Tuesday, 24 March:
- Non-essential businesses must close
- All events and gatherings must be cancelled
- Schools will only open for children of essential workers. They will close completely when we move to Level 4
- Workplaces must implement alternative working with everyone who can to work from home
- No discretionary domestic air travel between regions
- Public transport for people undertaking essential services and transport of freight only
You can watch the full announcement on our Facebook page(external link).