The Director General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, has issued a Health Notice that provides more guidance on the rules during Alert Level 4 to ensure its success and help move New Zealand out of lockdown as soon as possible.
The notice sets out:
- Everyone in New Zealand is to be isolated or quarantined at their current place of residence except as permitted for essential personal movement.
- Exercise is to be done in an outdoor place that can be readily accessed from home and 2 metre physical distancing must be maintained.
- Recreation and exercise does not involve swimming, water-based activities (for example, surfing or boating), hunting, tramping, or other activities of a kind that expose participants to danger or may require search and rescue services.
- A child can leave the residence of one joint caregiver to visit or stay at the residence of another joint caregiver (and visit or stay at that residence) if there is a shared bubble arrangement.
- A person can leave their residence to visit or stay at another residence (and visit or stay at that residence) under a shared bubble arrangement if:
- One person lives alone in one, or both, of those residences; or
- Everyone in one of those residences is a vulnerable person.