COVID-19 update for our NZ Pacific Community
We got your back Aotearoa
Following the resurgence of COVID-19 in Aotearoa New Zealand and the impact it is having on our Pacific communities, it is essential we consider the information we are receiving.
Together with our partners Bright Sunday 4pi, the Ministry of Health, New Zealand Police, SunPix, Tagata Pasifika and Pacific Media Network (PMN), the Ministry for Pacific Peoples (MPP) has put together a half hour special programme focusing on Sela Alo, the General Manager of PMN, and his journey of surviving COVID-19, as well as key messages from Pacific community members and leaders.
We got your back Aotearoa is a social media campaign that is aimed at reaching our Pacific communities and features some of New Zealand's well-known Pacific people, including:
- Dame Valerie Adams DNZM
- Dave Letele (Brown Buttabean)
- Diamond Langi
- Faumuina To'aletai David Tua ONZM
- Patrick Tuipulotu
- Lesina Nakhid-Schuster.
They share messages of encouragement to help protect our people and once again beat and eliminate COVID-19.
Learning from home for Pacific families
Information and advice is available in 10 Pacific languages to support you, your children and young people learning from home.
In the battle against COVID-19, Prepare Pacific helps get information out to Pacific communities in Pacific languages. Prepare Pacific is an initiative of Counties Manukau Health, Auckland District Health Board, Waitematā District Health Board, Northland District Health Board and all our essential services who are working around the clock to help our people.
If you need a Whānau Ora Family Support Package contact one of our partners.
The Fono: Feleoko Food Hub
The Village Community Services Trust
- Key contact: Maliena Jones
- Phone number: 09 826 5427 or 021 845 535
- The Village Community Services Trust Facebook (external link)
Mt Wellington Integrated Health Centre
- Key contact: John Kiria
- Phone number: 021 023 77746
Business assistance for Pacific organisations
Pacific Business Trust is providing free practical business assistance for all Pacific organisations in New Zealand who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Support packages for Pacific families
Pasifika Futures are referring Pacific families who need to access a COVID-19 support package to their local Civil Defence or a supporting agency.
Further information and guidance
News and updates
- Ministry for Pacific Peoples website (external link)
- Ministry for Pacific Peoples Facebook page (external link)
- Pacific Media Network (external link)
- Tagata Pasifika (external link)
- LeVa #CatchYourself (external link)
- Pasefika Proud (external link)
- Pasifika Futures (external link)
- Prepare Pacific (external link)
- Health Promotion Agency (external link)
- The Fono (external link)
- Immigration (external link)
- Learning from home (external link)
- Work and Income benefits (external link)