The COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 will be updated to require anyone conducting high-risk work in the health and disability sector to be fully vaccinated.
The requirements include the following health and disability sector workers:
- regulated professions currently registered under the HPCA regulations
- non-regulated healthcare work, such as:
- aged residential care
- home and community support services
- kaupapa Māori health providers
- Pacific Health Providers
- nongovernment Organisations who provide health services.
- roles undertaken by people who:
- are in frequent contact, face-to-face contact, or are in close proximity to healthcare workers providing a health service
- work where a health service is being provided
- do not necessarily provide a health service, but their role requires frequent contact/engagement with those providing health services and is considered tied to a role within a healthcare setting.
All workers who are required by the Order to get vaccinated must receive their first dose of the vaccine by 30 October 2021, and be fully vaccinated by 1 December 2021.
A high rate of vaccinations will help to protect staff from getting sick and passing COVID-19 onto others. Workers at our MIQ and at airports and ports are already required to be vaccinated. Exemptions may be possible under some circumstances.
Last updated: at