Community organisations can apply for a grant from the COVID-19 Community Fund if they:
- provide services or support to women and girls, and
- are experiencing increased demand for services or a shortfall of funding due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your organisation can apply for between $5,000 and $50,000 in each funding round. The total fund available is $1 million.
Apply for a grant
Applications for round one were open from 31 May to 15 June 2020. Applications for round two (if funds are available) will be open from 6 July to 20 July 2020.
What the COVID-19 Community Fund is for
During emergencies and crises, issues related to gender equality often take a back seat, resulting in worse outcomes for women and girls. This can include greater loss of income, increased instances of domestic violence and increased caring responsibilities.
Many community organisations that support women and girls now have reduced income and volunteer numbers due to the impacts of COVID-19, and at the same time, they have many more people needing their support. The COVID-19 Community Fund will support organisations that are experiencing increased demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The activities you can get funding for could include:
- extending health services for extra hours or into more remote areas
- opening community centres for extended periods of time
- reimbursing volunteers.
The key areas that this funding can be used for include:
- ensuring healthy and safe communities
- reducing family and sexual violence
- improving child wellbeing
- working to support Māori, Pacific, rural and migrant women.