Careers NZ has practical, useful advice if your job has been impacted by COVID-19.
Careers NZ can help with:
- building your CV
- using LinkedIn effectively
- interview preparation, including for remote interviews
- understanding which jobs and industries are in demand
- career prospects in different industries
- retraining opportunities
- navigating recruiter websites and job vacancies
- support after being made redundant.
Tools and resources
Careers NZ has tools and resources to help kick-start your career or to help you consider study or retraining options if you have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Use the skill matcher tool to get job ideas based on your skills
- Check on your career journey and find resources to help you
- Compare jobs from the jobs database
- Build your CV online.
Job profiles and websites
You can find detailed information about jobs you may be interested in, including what the job involves, salary expectations, job opportunities and length of training required.
Careers New Zealand also has a list of job vacancy and recruitment websites that have roles across a range of industries, so you can find your next challenge.
Talk to Careers NZ
Call 0800 601 301 to talk to someone from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. They can help you with:
- career information
- finding what you need on the website
- suggesting what to do next.
You can also talk to someone online.
Connected is a service to help New Zealanders connect to the wide range of employment, education and training support and advice available through government agencies.
To find options for choosing, improving or changing your work journey call 0800 264 737 or visit the Connected website: