Ethnic Communities Development Fund
Funding is available for projects that support ethnic communities in New Zealand to stay connected and resilient.
The priorities for the fund are:
- alternative ways for ethnic communities to stay socially connected
- community employment initiatives
- community resilience and recovery.
Ethnic communities include migrants, former refugees, long-term settlers and those born in New Zealand who identify their ethnicity as:
- Continental European
- Latin American
- Middle Eastern.
How to apply
Apply for funding by filling in an application form from the Office of Ethnic Communities.
You’ll need to show how your project or activities support the purpose of the fund. You can apply more than once in a year.
Help and advice
Advice is available on how to write a successful application for funding and contact details for community advisors who can help you.
Community Capability and Resilience Fund
The Community Capability and Resilience Fund (CCRF) is available to community groups for initiatives that support the rebuild and recovery from COVID-19.
The CCRF builds on the success of the Community Awareness and Preparedness Grant Fund (CAP Fund), which provided immediate support to communities during the COVID-19 lockdown.
The fund will be targeted towards initiatives that support priority groups, which include:
- ethnic migrant communities
- culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
How to apply
More information, including the application form, is available on the Ministry of Social Development website.
The Namaste Foundation created a $100,000 Caremongering fund to support the urgent funding needs of vulnerable communities in the Wellington region. The Gift Trust is administering the fund.
You can apply for the fund if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a community group or charity working directly with vulnerable communities. Applications can not be made on behalf of individuals seeking support.
- Your work focuses on the Wellington region.
- Your work has been impacted by COVID-19, for example you are facing increasing demands from vulnerable communities.
- Your group requires funding for:
- food supplies for vulnerable or at-risk communities
- medical supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE) or cleaning supplies for vulnerable or at-risk communities
- additional staff costs to allow you to respond to COVID-19
- an identified funding gap or an identified need because of the Covid-19 crisis.