COVID-19 Vaccine Business and workplace toolkit
This toolkit contains information and resources to help workplaces, non-profit groups and other organisations to support the national vaccine and immunisation programme — and most importantly, ensure your people are protected from COVID-19.
A free COVID-19 business helpline service is available for all New Zealand businesses. This includes sole traders.
Get support and advice on:
- government financial support, for example Wage Subsidy Scheme and Resurgence Support Payment
- what different Alert Levels mean for your business
- business continuity
- finding free or subsidised expert help, for example a business mentor or advisor.
Employers can also get specific advice on people challenges, including staffing changes, employee wellness, and meeting your health and safety obligations.
Operating at Alert Level 4
If you have an enquiry about the Alert Level 4 rules or if you are unsure if you can operate, you can call 0800 424 946 for advice.
Employment guidance is available for COVID-19-related matters, including pay and leave entitlements, the minimum wage, modifying and terminating employment agreements, and vaccinations.
Business, employment and training support
Connected is a service to help New Zealanders connect to the wide range of employment, education and training support and advice available through government agencies.
Connected can assist with:
- employment advice and tools to set up and run, or manage closure of your business
- information for businesses to build capabilities of your workforce
- information on financial help available to businesses affected by COVID-19.
For more information call 0800 264 737 or visit the Connected website:
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise support
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) runs the Regional Business Partners Network (RBP) to support New Zealand businesses and service providers. The network offers:
- RBP Growth Advisors in your region who can help you find the right support
- free webinars tailored to specific business needs
- business mentoring support via Business Mentors New Zealand.
NZTE’s COVID-19 Business Advisory Funding provides support in areas such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity, cashflow and finance management, strategy and digital capability.
Tourism business advice and support
Help is available for tourism businesses to navigate a sustainable way forward through the COVID-19 crisis.
Tourism advisory support services can help you work through the range of options available to keep your business running. These may include pivoting your business toward the domestic market, preparing for the Australian market, how to hibernate a business and other options.