Alert Level 2 rules
At Alert Level 2 we have more options and freedom of movement but it’s not life as normal. Businesses, recreation facilities and schools, Early Learning Centres, and tertiary facilities can open if they can do so safely. It’s still up to all of us to keep ourselves and the rest of New Zealand safe.
Remember, the Golden Rules for Alert Level 2:
- Stay home if you’re sick or have COVID-19 symptoms. Call your GP or Healthline about getting a test.
- Follow personal health measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap. Then dry them.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep your distance when you’re out and about:
- 2 metres in public and in retail stores.
- 1 metre in most environments, like workplaces, cafes, restaurants, and gyms.
- Keep groups small when you socialise with family, whānau, and friends.
- Follow public health measures when you go shopping or attend gatherings and events.
- Keep track of your whereabouts in case a contact tracer needs to call you.
- Keep records of travel services you use, where you’ve been, and you’ve been in contact with.
- Make your business COVID-19 safe to protect employees and customers.
- Create safe education environments for children, young people, students, and staff.