This policy explains how and when covid19.govt.nz collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site including in terms linking to the site.
Collection, storage and use of personal information
There is no need to disclose personal information.
You can use the site — including completing user research tasks — without disclosing any personal information.
We may collect statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve it.
This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. These have an expiry date and are removed on that date. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website.
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first 3 parts of the IP address of your device
- the pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited this website
- the referring site, if any, through which you clicked through to this website
- the operating system, for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX on your device
- the type of web browser you used, for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting you used.
Use of statistical information
You may choose to not have Google Analytics collect your information by disabling cookies in your browser, or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
We use Hotjar's analysis tools, including heatmaps and polls, to better understand our website visitors and collect user feedback.
- device IP address
- device screen size and type
- browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display our website.
You can choose to not have Hotjar collect your information by visiting Hotjar's opt-out page or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
We use Swiftype to collect details about what people search for on our website. It collects cookies and usage data.
Last updated: at