This policy explains how and when covid19.govt.nz collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it. This website is operated by COVID-19 Communications, a business unit of Te Whatu Ora — Health New Zealand.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site including in terms linking to the site.
Collection, storage and use of personal information
You may browse and access information contained within this website — including completing user research tasks, like filling in a survey — without providing any personal information.
If you provide information (including personal information) to us — for example, through the general enquiry form — we will only use that information to:
- administer, evaluate, improve, and secure our ICT systems, our website, and the information our website contains (ICT and website purposes)
- improve our services
- action or respond to the information provided and communicate with you (this may include sharing the information with other government organisations to enable a response or action), and
- where such disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We will keep any such information secure. We may share it with third parties to the extent necessary for the services they provide to us related to the purposes of our ICT systems and website.
We have software to track which pages are visited. This helps us identify the most popular areas of our website. The information is aggregated, and we cannot identify individual visitors.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, or you have any concerns about the personal information that we hold, please write to:
Te Whatu Ora
PO Box 793
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve it.
This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. These have an expiry date and are removed on that date. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website.
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first 3 parts of the IP address of your device
- the pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited this website
- the referring site, if any, through which you clicked through to this website
- the operating system, for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX on your device
- the type of web browser you used, for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting you used.
Use of statistical information
You may choose to not have Google Analytics collect your information by disabling cookies in your browser, or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
We use Hotjar's analysis tools, including heatmaps and polls, to better understand our website visitors and collect user feedback.
- device IP address
- device screen size and type
- browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display our website.
You can choose to not have Hotjar collect your information by visiting Hotjar's opt-out page or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
We use Swiftype to collect details about what people search for on our website. It collects cookies and usage data.
Last updated: at