If it’s an emergency
Call 111 immediately in an emergency.
Health and wellbeing
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, call the dedicated COVID-19 Healthline:
For any other health concerns, call the general Healthline number on 0800 611 116.
All calls to Healthline are free and someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1737, need to talk?
For support with anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mental wellbeing helplines
There are helplines available that offer support, information and help. All services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Family and sexual violence prevention helplines
Help and support is available if you are experiencing family violence or sexual violence.
If you're aged 60 or over, or you're in Groups 1, 2, or 3, you can book your COVID-19 vaccinations now.
- Book online — visit Book My Vaccine (external link) (external link)
- Book by phone — call the COVID Vaccination Healthline on 0800 28 29 26 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week).
If you need help returning from Australia
If you need help returning from Australia, you can call helplines for advice.
If you're in Australia, call 1800 537 726 toll free, or
If you're calling from New Zealand, call 0800 537 726.
You can call between 10am to 10pm (NZT), 7 days a week.
If you have questions about your booking, please contact your airline.
It is your responsibility to manage your costs for travel disruption.
Managed isolation and quarantine
A free helpline service is available for all New Zealand businesses. It can offer you:
- specific advice and access to Government business support
- advice on what the current Alert Level means for your business
- HR and general business advice and access to online resources and webinars
- connections to business advisory services.
NZ COVID Tracer app
If you have questions or feedback about the NZ COVID Tracer app:
- call 0800 800 606 on Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- get help generating your official QR code posters by emailing email@example.com
- email your query or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, include your phone’s make and model, the operating system you’re running and, if your query relates to an issue you’re experiencing, a brief description of the issue.
Many government agencies have language support available, if English is not your first language and you need an interpreter.
When you call a government agency for information, ask for an interpreter in your language and wait to be connected.
Deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired
If you’re deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired you can use the New Zealand Relay Service to call.