If it’s an emergency
Call 111 immediately in an emergency.
Health and wellbeing
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, call the dedicated COVID-19 Healthline:
For any other health concerns, call the general Healthline number on 0800 611 116.
All calls to Healthline are free and someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1737, need to talk?
For support with anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mental wellbeing helplines
There are helplines available that offer support, information and help. All services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Family and sexual violence prevention helplines
Help and support is available if you are experiencing family violence or sexual violence.
A free helpline service is available for all New Zealand businesses. It can offer you:
- specific advice and access to Government business support
- advice on what the current Alert Level means for your business
- HR and general business advice and access to online resources and webinars
- connections to business advisory services.
NZ COVID Tracer app
If you have questions or feedback about the NZ COVID Tracer app:
- call 0800 800 606 on Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- get help generating your official QR code posters by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- email your query or feedback to email@example.com
In your email, include your phone’s make and model, the operating system you’re running and, if your query relates to an issue you’re experiencing, a brief description of the issue.
Managed isolation and quarantine
Many government agencies have language support available, if English is not your first language and you need an interpreter.
When you call a government agency for information, ask for an interpreter in your language and wait to be connected.
Deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired
If you’re deaf, hearing impaired, Deafblind or speech impaired you can use the New Zealand Relay Service to call.