Background and purpose of progress reporting
One of the recommendations from the COVID-19 Independent Continuous Review, Improvement and Advice Group's review of the Auckland February 2021 outbreak was for all recommendations from that review and from previous reports to be actively monitored, with regular progress reports.
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s COVID-19 Group undertook a stocktake of reviews and coordinated a system view of the recommendations. The COVID-19 Group monitors progress against recommended improvements.
These progress reports intend to provide assurance to Ministers, and the public, that the COVID-19 response system learns and adapts over time.
Details of the reporting
Recommendations have been grouped into 10 themes to report on the system trends:
- Policy and process review
- Data, information, privacy and technology
- System governance, accountabilities and leadership
- Workforce sustainability and resilience
- Communication and engagement
- Equity and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Infection prevention and control
- Strategy, planning, economic and assurance
- Equipment, for example facilities and capital pieces